- Service & Support
- Mercury Science
Sample Probes & Conditioning
The Tekran® Model 3320 CEM Mercury Sample Conditioner allows virtually any combustion gas matrix to be analyzed for total gaseous mercury, elemental mercury and ionic mercury. The Model 3320 accepts a particle free, diluted sample gas stream and uses a dry thermal converter to convert all species present in the matrix to elemental mercury. This gas is then analyzed to determine total mercury. A second parallel pathway allows the determination of elemental mercury by removing all water soluble mercury components.
After conditioning, the two sample paths are sent to a Tekran® Model 2537 atomic fluorescence (AF) analyzer. The use of AF produces an extremely low detection limit, a wide dynamic range, and results free from interferences. Unlike CEM systems using conventional analytical techniques, the system is immune to even the highest levels of potential interferents present in a combustion sample stream.
- Measurement range: 0.05 – 1500 μg/m3
- Direct determination of total and elemental mercury
- Full temperature and system status logging
- No chemical reagents or consumable solid absorbers
The Tekran® 3342 is a customized version of an M&C Dilution Probe (Model SP2006-Hg). M&C probes are the industry standard and are well-known for their dependability and ease of servicing. The probe uses a titanium sintered filter to remove particulate matter from the sample stream. The sample is diluted and sent to the conditioner via a heated line. The probe and controller allow automated filter blowback, stinger blowback, system calibrations (including the filter) and pre-orifice calibrations (post filter). The M&C probe and Tekran® controller system offer a host of features:
- Two-piece probe construction
- Rack mounted controller
- Filter bypass eductor for Rapid Response
- Separate filter and stinger blowback
- Calibration with elemental or ionic mercury calibration gas
Model 1310 Heated Umbilical Controller
The Tekran® Model 1310 heated umbilical controller can be used with either Tekran® supplied or third party supplied heated lines. If multiple heating zones are required due to umbilical length, the Tekran® 1312 Controller is added to regulate the additional heated zones.
- Precision PID controller for accurate temperatures with minimal overshoot
- Can provide heat ramping for gradual line warm-up.
- High capacity: 208/240 VAC @ 25 A per zone
- RS-485 data communication allows seamless integration into CEM system
- Each zone can be independently viewed and controlled from Tekran’s CEM controller s/w.
The Tekran® Model 1304 Air Filtration System is an inexpensive, convenient conditioning unit for plant compressed air. The Series 3300 Mercury CEM requires two types of air in order to operate. Motive air is required to drive the inertial filter sample flow via an eductor. Zero Air is used for dilution and for the generation of calibration gas. Both types of air should be dry, oil free and particulate free, however the Zero Air is also scrubbed of all traces of mercury. The Model 1304 can supply enough air for two CEM systems. The long-life filter elements and mercury scrubbers are simple to change, inexpensive, and last in excess of one year under normal operating conditions.
- Pressure regulators and shut-off valves for each supply
- Automatic draining water knockout traps
- Multi-stage particulate traps
- Quick disconnects allow rapid changing of Hg traps
The Tekran® Model 1306 Water Filtration System is an inexpensive, convenient source of deionized, mercury free water for the Series 3300 Mercury CEM. With two stages of pre-filtration eliminating particulate and organic contamination, the final stage R/O membrane and ion-exchange filters have extremely long life. The Model 1306 can supply enough water for up to four CEM systems. The filter elements are simple to change, inexpensive, and last in excess of one year in normal operating environments. (Lifetime may vary with local water conditions.)
- Holding tank has one day supply of purified water
- Water purity monitor verifies proper operation
- Optional booster pump for low water supply pressures
- Simple, rapid changing of filter elements